– Gas (in my area) is “down” to $3.25 a gallon. That shouldn’t excite me, but it does. I want to just drive around all day in a JC Penny parking lot so I can go fill up.
– Today was the first day of the new season that I wore a hoodie (hooded sweatshirt) to work today. I’ve been fighting it, but it was chilly enough and breezy enough to make me throw on my good ol’ sweatshirt.
– Went and picked pumpkins with some friends last Saturday night and it was pretty fun. It was fun until the pumpkin that I had been carrying the entire time made it all the way to the edge of the patch, almost paid for, and the stem broke and it dropped to the ground. Lousy pumpkins.
– Got four movies from the library and the most recent one was made in 1987. Could it be that there are no good movies being made? Or is it just that there are no good movies at the library? I got Lethal Weapon (’87); Rocky (’76); The Omega Man (’71); and of course, Planet of the Apes (’68). I didn’t realize until I got home that I had gotten 2 movies featuring Charlton Heston. I was also a little shocked at what passes for “PG” in 1971.
– Heading out to Grace next week with Matt Carter and Paula Boehm to play with Jeremiah and Marcie Olson, Jeremy Byng, and Aaron Winey at Grace’s “Conference on Missions” or “Missions Conference.” I couldn’t be more pumped to play with all of them. I get to play drums (which is my first musical love) and actually get to play “again” with everyone except for Jeremy. Everyone else, dating back to when I was 15, I’ve played with in some capacity. It should be fun; I can’t wait.
– I love what I do. If you’re not working with students (7-12th grade), you’re missing out. (I’m kidding of course. I’m sure you love what you do too. And if you don’t, hang out with 30 7th and 8th graders for a couple hours. You’ll either love them or love the fact that you don’t have to do that all the time. You can’t lose!)